Light of the World
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
(Mat 5:14 KJV)
“Light is a natural agent that stimulates sight and makes things visible”.
To stimulate is to encourage interest in something or someone. To make visible is to make something or someone, be seen. Light is therefore a natural agent with the ability to encourage interest in, and make seen, something or someone. Light illuminates and afterwards influences the actions you take.
Jesus made a simple but yet profound declaration to those that were in his presence on that glorious day, an ordinary statement with extraordinary implications. That declaration is also for you today. You are a natural agent with the ability to encourage interest in and make visible, something or someone. What or who you choose to illuminate is your choice however and afterwards influences your actions.
Today you can choose to
- feel good about yourself or can feel bad about yourself
- illuminate the obstacles in the way or illuminate the way through the obstacles
- see what is right in all or what is wrong in all
- do all right things or do all things right.
- Heal those in your world or harm those in your world
Whatever you ask for, you will receive, what you seek, you will find and the door you pound on will open to you.
Today I choose is see what is good in the people and things around me.